THE ASSOCIATION FOR PROFESSIONALS IN INFECTION CONTROL AND EPIDEMIOLOGY
Thank you for your interest in MyAPIC. APIC requires that all who participate in MyAPIC follow the terms and conditions of this Social Networking Policy (“Policy”). You must indicate your acceptance of the Policy prior to using MyAPIC communities and its resources. Please review this Policy from time to time.
1. This Policy applies to usage of MyAPIC, and in using MyAPIC, you agree to follow and abide by all other applicable APIC policies.
2. APIC grants you a limited and revocable license to access and use MyAPIC. At all times, APIC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke this license, discontinue any and all services to you, and preclude your access to MyAPIC.
3. MyAPIC may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree not to do the following activities under any circumstances:
a. using the MyAPIC for any illegal purpose;
b. posting any material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
c. posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity;
d. knowingly posting material that contains any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other code which may contaminate or destroy the files or programs of APIC or its users;
e. posting advertisements, surveys, solicitations of business, chain letters, or pyramid schemes, or posting the same note more than once (i.e., “spamming");
f. disrupting the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form);
g. impersonating another person or allowing any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments; or
h. engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying MyAPIC.
4. Any communication which you post on MyAPIC is considered to be NON-CONFIDENTIAL. Please be aware that all materials posted on MyAPIC communities, including personally identifiable information (for example, user name, e-mail address), may be viewed by all other users of MyAPIC. Please do not post any materials that you do not want to be read by all users.
5. Postings to MyAPIC may contain links to third party web sites. These links are not provided by APIC, and APIC is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites.
6. You are solely and legally responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting those communications to MyAPIC.
7. PLEASE NOTE that MyAPIC communities are primarilyn UNMONITORED in the normal course of business, and APIC has no liability or responsibility to users or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the following screening activities. APIC reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor, edit, or remove any posting on MyAPIC for lack of adherence to this Policy or applicable law.
8. APIC makes no warranties regarding the availability and performance of any hardware, software, or technical systems used to provide MyAPIC. You recognize that Internet servers and links are susceptible to crashes, outages, viruses, and down time and that often these down times are beyond the control of APIC. APIC does not warrant that all communications sent through MyAPIC will be sent and arrive at the correct destination. You agree to hold APIC harmless for any damage or loss of information caused by such down times and technical issues.
9. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD APIC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR DEMANDS, LIABILITIES AND SETTLEMENTS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION, RESULTING FROM, OR ALLEGED TO RESULT FROM, YOUR USE OF MyAPIC IN A MANNER THAT VIOLATES OR IS ALLEGED TO VIOLATE THIS POLICY. The application of this Policy and all other matters arising from your use of the APIC Network shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
10. Any notice to APIC shall be given in writing and sent by certified and registered mail to the Association for Professional in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc., Attn: Webmaster, 1275 K Street, NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.